One to One parenting coaching
Are you feeling overwhelmed in your new role as a parent?
Is being a parent (again) making you anxious?
Is being a parent bringing up things from the past that you’re struggling to process?
Maybe you’re struggling to bond?
Maybe this is your second or third baby and you want it to be a better experience?
Or this parenting thing is just not what you expected – it’s boring/isolating/harder/never ending?
Why is everyone else finding it easy but you aren’t?
” I booked EFT sessions with Tricia to help get over my anxiety and fear of Post Natal Depression returning during my second pregnancy. I also hoped to work on coping with other stressful life situations during my pregnancy. I cannot recommend Tricia highly enough, she made me feel completely at ease! I had never experienced anything like EFT before and so I wasn’t sure what to expect, I couldn’t believe the difference in my coping skills after even just one session. Tricia made me feel safe, secure and relaxed during the sessions and I wish I had known about EFT sooner in life. Thank you Tricia!KD, Edinburgh
I initially started EFT sessions with Tricia to try to work on my lack of self confidence and negative thought patterns related particularly to my parenting. Having benefited directly in the past from Tricia’s gentle and nurturing approach, it was very easy to open up to her and share the things I was struggling with. I had heard of EFT before but didn’t know much about it, so had no real expectations.
I genuinely felt the benefits after one session, EFT is an amazing tool which is so easy and effective to use in daily life.
I highly recommend Tricia if you are considering giving EFT a go, she has a wonderful way of creating a natural, safe and peaceful environment, even when you are discussing things that are difficult for you. Give it a go, you might just be surprised!PM, Edinburgh
Tricia used EFT with me to work on some deep emotional and situational challenges. I had been finding it difficult to release as some of the energy I’d built up over the period since having my first child and EFT acted as a pathway to freedom. I slept the best I’d slept in a really long time that night and felt a lot free-er and calmer for quite some time afterwards. EFT gave me some tools to add to my ‘self care’ toolbox so I can support myself better at times of challenge. Tricia has a really nice, non judgemental and caring way of working and I’d have no hesitation in receiving EFT with Tricia again should I feel I need it.”BT, Edinburgh
Maybe you’ve been:
- Sitting on social media non-stop
- Searching on google trying to find other people who are experiencing what you are
- Reading numerous parenting books and blogs
- Speaking to your partner/family/friends
- Trying to process what’s happening
- Managing to get the opportunity for some me-time
Nothing is helping. Maybe you can’t sleep when baby sleeps, you’re bored with your baby, you’re feeling angry or resentful. Maybe every day feels like a challenge. Maybe you’re feeling really overwhelmed being a mum and feeling like you can’t cope? Maybe you had PND or anxiety after your first baby and you don’t want it to happen again. Maybe you’re feeling teary or panicky. Maybe you are feeling isolated and lonely. Maybe you are wondering when on earth your baby is going to start sleeping – when will it get easier or better? It could be affecting you and your relationships around you and that might feel pretty rubbish.
Everyone experiences something different. But what’s great is that you are looking at getting help – well done you!!!!! That’s the first step to making it better.
Let’s get something clear
These feelings DO NOT mean that you don’t love your baby. Even if you can’t bond with your baby, it doesn’t mean you don’t love them. These feelings are perfectly normal as we transition into parents.
Stress, anxiety and overwhelm, however, don’t need to dominate our everyday lives as expectant or new parents . We can re-programme our reaction to what’s happening once we understand what is triggering us to feel like this and that’s where one to one coaching comes in.
Alter your mindset so you can start to feel positive about your situation and also breaks negative patterns of behaviour
SO HERE’S HOW COACHING CAN HELP YOU:
- Change your mindset – it can alter your mindset so you can start to feel positive about your situation and also breaks negative patterns of behaviour
- Helps you to understand what you are going through – emotions, triggers, fears and anxieties that are currently affecting you
- Gives you a set of brilliant tools to help you manage day to day
- Helps you re-gain control
- Regain a sense of you
ONE TO ONE COACHING MAY BE FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Want to actually enJOY being a parent
- Would like to feel positive
- Are ready to work through what’s happening with you
- Have tried other therapies and nothing has worked
- Are open to trying a completely different approach
- Prioritise your health and well-being
- Are willing to put in the work to get the best results for you (normally 4 sessions and 5-10 mins a few times a week)
SO WHAT IS COVERED IN THE COACHING PROGRAMME?
The aim of one to one parenting coaching is to change your mindset and to really get you thinking differently and know how to set up support around you so you can be the parent you want to be. It will enable you to find the JOY in parenting and feel more confident and calmer and to stop that overthinking brain, re-programme your response to certain triggers (possibly crying, lack of sleep, exhaustion, feeding, your partner) and normalise what is happening for you.
- One to one unique programme for you
- Uses a mixture of tools
- Primarily EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique – often referred to as tapping) which can help draw out the fears very quickly and also help to release and reduce these
- You will have weekly EFT scripts, affirmations and small exercises that you can work through after each session – these are tailored to you
We will identify what the triggers of your feelings are and then look to change repeating patterns (ie if your baby crying makes you angry, we will try to change that response so you don’t feel angry or upset – you can break that connection)
- We will build up action plans for triggers
- We will discuss and explore and where relevant, process any issues you are concerned with
- The program will increase you knowledge base
- You will be taught EFT which you can use as a method to control your stress, overwhelm, anxieties and exhaustion (and throughout the rest of your life – how cool is that?)
- Educates you on what is normal infant behaviour and ways to make life easier
- Identify any other ways you can get help and support through this time
- Helps regain control over your emotions
- Safe, non-judgemental and confidential space
AND WHAT DOES ONE TO ONE COACHING NOT INCLUDE?
- A guarantee that you will enjoy every day as a new parent – there are always going to be times that are hard, challenging, where nothing goes right. You are going to have days you loose your cool. Days that are just beyond exhausting. That’s life as a parent – but we are looking to help change your feelings around that so you can acknowledge and rationalise it and not be burdened by it
- A standard programme where each week or session is the same – it’s an individual programme for you – two people will never experience the same process but they will end with the same outcome – feeling much more confident and calmer
- A parenting class
- Counselling – this is a therapy to help you to re-programme your behaviours and how you respond to triggers
Find the JOY in parenting and feel more confident and calmer
TELL ME MORE – I’M READY TO BOOK
- Sessions will take place via Skype, at a time that suits both of us
- There will be 4 sessions – each session will last 90 minutes
- £75 per session (£30 discount in total if you want to pay up front for the 4 weeks)
- 100% money back guarantee if you don’t feel more confident and calmer by the end of the 4 sessions (an assessment will be taken at the start of the first session and another after the sessions and you must have demonstrated that you have been doing the exercises between the session)
- To book, contact me
Notes – This is suitable for mums AND dads. For those who have deeper and complex issues, 4 week programme may not be enough and further sessions can be booked at a cost of £75 (for 90 minutes) or £50 for 60 minutes – this will be identified in the first session and discussed with you in advance at which point you can make the decision how to proceed. If in week 1 of the programme, it is identified that this programme isn’t suitable for you, other options will be discussed and provided and you will only be charged for week 1 (£75).